Pet Parent Resources

We recommend that you always contact your family veterinarian or the Veterinary Emergency Clinic of York Region when you have questions or concerns regarding the health of your pet. The internet can provide some great information, but your family veterinarian should be your most trusted source of family pet health care.


Pet Health Care Information


ASPCA Poison Control Center

Pet Poison Helpline

Chocolate Toxicity Meter (PetMD)

Indoor Cat Initiative

Veterinary Partner

Pet Place

Healthy Pet

Worms and Germs Blog

Pets and Parasites


Pet Loss


Pet Loss Support Hotline (University of Guelph) 1-519-824-4120 x53694

Telephone support service with volunteers who listen to pet owner’s feelings and concerns surrounding the loss of a pet. They will also provide emotional support and resource information. Phone line volunteers are University of Guelph students and are not licensed veterinarians and counselors, so they cannot provide medical information or crisis intervention.